Trademarks and Service Marks: CFSites and My CFSites are the property of CharityFocus, in the United States and other countries. Other CFSites graphics, logos and service names are the property of CharityFocus. CFSites's trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not CharityFocus's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits CFSites. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
By your use of the Properties, including our Website located at www.cfsites.org you are deemed to have agreed to all of the terms set forth in this Agreement and Disclaimer. If you do not agree to be bound by this Agreement and Disclaimer, you are hereby notified that you should not view or access any of the Properties.
Our service includes a broad range of on-line resources. Unless we expressly tell you otherwise, all new features that we provide to modify, supplement, or improve our current Service will be subject to this User Agreement. Before you can use our Service, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web. You're solely responsible for paying all sums associated with that access and obtaining and maintaining all equipment needed for that access. We currently offer users disk space for their files at each CFSites address.
Eminent Domain: CFSites reserves the right to take and keep for itself your subdomain and any and all subdomains within the CFSites domain. CFSites, in its sole discretion and without notice, may exercise such "eminent domain" powers over any or all such subdomains, and thereby cause you to surrender your subdomain to CFSites without any compensation to you or liability to us.
Fees: Building a homepage on CFSites is currently free to the user. We will not charge any fees to the user or donor without prior notification.
Your registration obligations: You must provide truthful, complete information (the "Registration Information") on our online registration form. You also must update the Registration Information as appropriate in order to keep the Registration Information truthful and complete. If you provide us with any Registration Information or other information that isn't truthful, complete, or up-to-date, or if we have grounds to suspect that any of it isn't truthful, complete, or up-to-date, then we may suspend, terminate, or take any other legal action with respect to your account. If you share your password with any third parties, you assume complete responsibility for that person's contributions to your web page and that person's use of our Service. We reserve the right to refuse use of our Service (or any portion of it) by you or any third party.
No resale of service: You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, rent, lease, sublease, or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.
Content: All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, and other information or materials that you find at www.cfsites.org and that does not originate directly from CFSites ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom that Content originated. This means that you, and not CFSites, are fully responsible, and are legally liable, for all Content that you upload, download, post, make available, or otherwise transmit on the Service. We don't review or control the Content posted by users of the Service or otherwise, nor do we, either expressly or implicitly, warrant or make any assurance about the accuracy, source, quality, or integrity of any such Content. In addition, visitors to and other users of our Service will have access to Content that you upload, post, or otherwise make available and might copy, modify, or distribute it. We're not and shall not be liable to you for any such use of any Content by visitors to or users of our Service.
We don't generally monitor the Content posted by users. While using the Service, you may be exposed to Content of other users with which you may disagree or that you may find offensive, indecent, or objectionable, or that is inaccurate, misleading, or illegal. You expressly assume and agree to bear any and all risks associated with the use of any Content and your exposure to any Content, including any reliance by you on the accuracy, integrity, usefulness, or completeness of such Content. We're not and shall not be liable or responsible to you or any other party for (and you agree to hold CFSites harmless from) any harm, loss, or damages of any amount or type arising from your access to, or use of, the Service or any Content posted to, downloaded from, or otherwise made available through, the Service - whether it's your Content or the Content of a third party or CFSites.
You agree that you won't use the Service to do any of the following:
- upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any Content,
or select any member name, that:
- violates any intellectual property right or other right of any party;
- is abusive, harmful, threatening, harassing, vulgar, obscene, hateful, pornographic, or racially or ethnically objectionable, or violates the privacy of a third party;
- violates any applicable domestic or international law or government regulation (including those of any state, foreign country, securities exchange, the S.E.C., and the F.C.C.);
- upload, post, make available, or otherwise transmit serial numbers for software for the purpose of illegally registering or validating software;
- is disruptive to the CFSites community; or
- you don't have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationship (including, without limitation, proprietary and confidential information of others, including information learned during employment or consulting relationships or pursuant to non-disclosure agreements, and inside information as that term is understood under applicable securities laws).
- upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, worms, or any other computer code or portions of code, programs, or files designed to interfere with, interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications or other equipment or to cause a security breach of such software, hardware, or other equipment;
- upload, post, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, spam, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas of the Service that we may designate for such purposes;
- engage in or run raffles, lotteries, contests, or sweepstakes;
- disguise the origin of any Content uploaded to, posted on, transmitted, or otherwise made available on or through the Service, including, without limitation, by forging headers, providing inaccurate intellectual property notices, or otherwise manipulating identifiers;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, without limitation, a CFSites official, employee, or representative, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation or association with, sponsorship by, or connection to, any person or entity, including, without limitation, by using logos, names, trademarks, service marks, meta tags, addresses, symbols, or other identifiers that you do not have the legal right to use;
- harm minors in any way;
- promote or provide instructions or information about how to engage in illegal conduct or commit illegal activities, promote physical harm or injury, or promote any illegal act of cruelty to animals. This includes, but is not limited to, providing instructions on how to assemble bombs and any other weapons, and creating Crush sites;
- collect or harvest screen names; collect or store personal data about other users; or solicit or attempt to discover a user's password, screen name, or other registration information without the user's express knowledge and consent;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service, or servers or networks connected to the Service, or violate any requirements, policies, regulations, or procedures of networks connected to the Service;
- disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to "scroll" faster than other users of the Service are able to type, or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- use your web pages or directory as storage for remote loading or as a door or signpost to another web page, whether inside or outside CFSites;
- develop hidden pages or images (those not linked to from another accessible page), or restrict access to any pages other than through password protection mechanisms provided and approved by CFSites; or
- engage in commercial activities on the Service that are not CFSites-approved.
Links to Other Sites and Resources: As a convenience to you, we may provide links through the Service to other World Wide Web sites or resources (collectively, the "Third Party Resources"). We don't maintain such Third Party Resources, nor do we have any control over them. We don't endorse, approve, or sponsor any of the Third Party Resources, or any content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items on or available from them (collectively, the "Third Party Materials"). The Third Party Resources and the Third Party Materials may contain content that you or others may find inappropriate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. We disclaim all liability for the availability, performance, accuracy, source, quality, integrity, and decency of the Third Party Resources and Third Party Materials, and the compliance of the Third Party Resources and Third Party Materials with any law or regulation. We're not and shall not be liable for any harm, loss, or damage of any kind caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of or reliance on any Third Party Materials or Third Party Resources.
International Use of CFSites: The Internet spans the world. Because of this, you must comply with all applicable local laws, rules, and regulations, whether in other countries or states within the United States, regarding online conduct, acceptable Content, and your use of the Service. In addition, you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country from which you use the Service, including, without limitation, any and all restrictions on encryption technology.
CFSites's Proprietary Rights: The Service and any software used in connection with the Service ("Software") contain information that's proprietary and confidential to CFSites, and they're protected by intellectual property, trade secret, and other laws. The content and other materials contained in advertisements or presented to you through the Service are protected by similar laws. Except as expressly authorized in writing by CFSites or, where applicable, Third Party Businesses, you agree not to, in whole or in part, copy, duplicate, create derivative works based on, modify, sell, distribute, lease, loan, or rent the Service or any software used in connection with the Service or any content or other materials made available to you on or through the Service. CFSites grants you a personal, non-transferable, and non-exclusive right and license to use the object code of its Software on a single computer; provided, however, that (a) you may not copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, or otherwise attempt to discover any source code associated with the Service, and (b) you may not sell, assign, sublicense, grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer any right in the Software to any third party. You may not modify the Software in any manner or form. You may not access the Service by any means other than through the interface that's provided by CFSites for use in accessing the Service.
CFSites Isn't Responsible for Any Loss or Corruption of Data: We're not and shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or corruption of data that you may experience on the Service or otherwise, nor are we required to return to you any data that you have stored on the Service. This includes, without limitation, the loss or corruption of data resulting from the suspension, deletion, or modification of your web pages or the CFSites site, network, system, or server "crashes" or outages, or other power outages, damage caused by viruses, worms, or security breaches, file corruption, and any other cause. We urge you to maintain backup versions of your web pages or CFSites site to help protect yourself against such losses.
Limitations of Liability: WE WON'T AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE'VE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (A) ANY USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (B) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION, OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE; (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS, DATA, OR HOME PAGE; (D) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; OR (E) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESOURCES, THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, OR THIRD PARTY BUSINESSES. THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY CONTAINED IN THIS PARAGRAPH ARE A MATERIAL PART OF OUR AGREEMENT TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE TO YOU.
Exclusions to Limitations: SOME JURISDICTIONS DON'T ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Information CFSites collects from users:
- Registrant's Contact Information
- Our Use of Your Information
- Other Disclosure of Your Information
Our site's registration form requires users to give us contact information (like your name and email address), unique identifiers (like your password), and demographic information (like your zip code) for you to get access to our site.
Certain information, such as passwords and e-mail addresses, is collected in order to, among other things, verify your identity and for use as account numbers in our record system.
Your contact information is used by CFSites to contact you when necessary regarding your use of CFSites services.
CFSites.org will never willfully sell or rent for consideration any personally identifiable information about you to any third party without first receiving your permission.
This site contains links to other sites. CFSites.org is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.